RENOVATION IN PROGRESS We're working to update this website with information about SYMLIN® (pramlintide acetate). Please check back soon.
SEVERE HYPOGLYCEMIA (LOW BLOOD SUGAR )
When SYMLIN® (pramlintide acetate) injection is added to mealtime insulin therapy, it may cause the blood sugar to drop too low. If this low blood sugar (severe hypoglycemia) happens, it is seen within 3 hours after a SYMLIN injection. Severe low blood sugar makes it hard to think clearly, drive a car, use heavy machinery, or do other risky activities where you could hurt yourself or others. Call your doctor if you have low blood sugar more often than normal or severe low blood sugar.
For more information, please see the US Full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide.
- Click here for the US Full Prescribing Information, including Boxed WARNING about severe hypoglycemia
- Click here for the Medication Guide from the US Full Prescribing Information
- Click here for SymlinPen® 60 mcg Pen-Injector Patient Instructions for Use
- Click here for SymlinPen® 120 mcg Pen-Injector Patient Instructions for Use
- How to throw away used pen-injectors and needles?
- Start Saving Today!* Click here to Activate or Request your MySavingsRx Card.